I have only 4 more days of work left in DC. Now that’s crazy (so call me maybe?). I’m also getting better at using these darn office phones. Ain’t that nice?
1. Awesome response to the sorority recruitment post yesterday. Beware; it is profane. But hilarious. So read it.
2. Economics MEMES! YES! My life is complete.
3. Google isn’t a tech firm. Why are our inventors so pessimistic?
4. But real technology shows that if we just dump iron in the ocean, we’ll fix global warming! Or just delay it. By causing massive algal blooms. Doesn’t that mean that the “Dead Zone” around the Mississippi is… preventing global warming? “Here, farmers, dump fertilizer in the water to fight global warming!” C’mon. Somehow that doesn’t seem like a good idea. Eutrophication seems like it might be worse.
5. Oh by the way, Outer Space smells like vodka mixed with welding gas.
6. And if we legalized marijuana, it would be as cheap as Splenda packets. You know, I never thought of marijuana as a condiment. But wouldn’t that be somethin’ else, if it were distributed like salt and pepper? Crazy. Of course, analysis of this kind is very speculative.
7. What caused the precipitous fall in GOP support for environmental regulation post-2003? Is it because they didn’t hear about the cool stuff we can do with iron (see #4)? I think that could change their minds.
So the time has now come to be off,
To be done, and remembered a boff,
With a single week left,
I can finish it deft
Then return to the halls of my profs.